Drinking Bong Water: What will Happen?

Short Answer: If you accidentally drink bong water, you will not get high, but you may get sick from the toxins and pathogens in the water.

Bong water is the liquid that is contained within a bong or a water pipe, which is a device used to smoke cannabis.

The water filters out some of the harmful chemicals from the smoke, such as ash and tar, and also cools down the smoke for a smoother inhalation.

However, the water also becomes dirty and contaminated with bacteria, fungi, mold, and other microorganisms that can cause infections and illnesses.

If you accidentally drink bong water, you will not get high, but you may get sick.

This is because bong water does not contain any significant amount of THC or CBD, which are the cannabinoids that produce the psychoactive and therapeutic effects of cannabis.

THC and CBD are not water soluble, which means they do not dissolve in water.

Instead, bong water contains the substances that the water has filtered out from the smoke, such as ash, tar, and pathogens.

Ash and tar can irritate your throat and stomach, and pathogens can cause infections such as strep throat, pneumonia, or emphysema.

It is quite uncommon to drink bong water, as most people find it disgusting and unpleasant.

However, some people may drink it out of curiosity, ignorance, or desperation, hoping to get high from the residual cannabis in the water.

This is a mistake, as drinking bong water will not produce any desirable effects, but only negative ones.

You can prevent or treat the symptoms of drinking bong water by following these steps:

  • If you have not swallowed the bong water yet, spit it out immediately and rinse your mouth with clean water.
  • If you have swallowed the bong water, drink plenty of fluids to dilute the toxins and flush them out of your system.
  • If you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain, take over-the-counter medications to relieve them, or consult a doctor if they are severe or persistent.
  • If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention as soon as possible, as these could be signs of a serious infection.
  • To avoid accidental drinking of bong water, always keep your bong clean and change the water regularly. Do not leave your bong unattended or in the reach of children or pets. Do not drink from your bong or use it as a water bottle.

Finally, remember, bong water is not a beverage, but a waste product.

It is not meant to be consumed, but disposed of.

Drinking bong water will not get you high, but it may get you sick.

About the Author

Abdur Rahman Choudhury

Abdur Rahman Choudhury is a nutrition coach with over 7 years of experience in the field of nutrition.

He holds a Bachelor's (B.Sc.) and Master's (M.Sc.) degree in Biochemistry from The University of Burdwan, India. He was also involved with a research project about genetic variations in the CYP11A gene among PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome patients.

He has completed the following online courses: Stanford Introduction to Food and Health by Stanford University (US) through Coursera, Certificate in Nutrition from Fabulous Body Inc. (US), Lose Weight and Keep It Off certificate course from Harvard Medical School (US), and Nutrition and Disease Prevention by Taipei Medical University (Taiwan) through FutureLearn.

Abdur currently lives in India and keeps fit by weight training and eating mainly home-cooked meals.

Leave a Comment