Short Answer: If you accidentally eat kinetic sand, you may have some stomach upset, but nothing serious, as it is not toxic, but also not digestible.
Kinetic sand is a toy made from sand coated with a hydrophobic compound, usually silicone oil.
This compound makes the sand grains stick together and form shapes when exposed to water, but also prevents them from getting wet.
Kinetic sand looks like regular wet sand, but is available in different colors.
If you accidentally eat kinetic sand, you may experience some mild stomach discomfort or nausea, but nothing serious.
This is because it contains sand and silicone oil, which are not toxic, but also not digestible.
Silicone oil can act as a laxative and make you pass the sand more easily, but it can also cause some irritation in your intestines.
It is quite uncommon to eat kinetic sand, as it is not very appetizing and has a gritty texture.
However, some children or pets may be curious and try to taste it, especially if it has bright colors.
You can prevent this by supervising them when they play with kinetic sand, and keeping it away from their mouths.
To avoid accidental eating of kinetic sand, you should store it in a sealed container when not in use, and wash your hands before and after playing with it.
You should also avoid mixing it with food or drinks, or putting it on plates or utensils.
If you or someone else ingests kinetic sand, you should drink plenty of water and seek medical attention if you have severe symptoms or if the sand does not pass within a few days.
Finally, remember, kinetic sand is a fun and creative toy, but not a food.
You should always play with it safely and responsibly, and enjoy its amazing properties.