Short Answer: If you accidentally eat a bath bomb, you may experience stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
A bath bomb is a solid mixture of ingredients that dissolves in the bathtub to add color, scent, and fizzing bubbles.
Some common ingredients in a bath bomb include citric acid and sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, which typically produces fizz when it comes into contact with water.
If you accidentally eat a bath bomb, you may experience irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
This is because it contains sodium bicarbonate and citric acid, which can cause a chemical reaction in your stomach and produce carbon dioxide gas.
Sodium bicarbonate can also cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance if consumed in large amounts.
Citric acid can also cause oral irritation or sensitive teeth due to acid erosion.
It is quite uncommon to eat a bath bomb due to its unpleasant taste and texture.
However, some bath bombs may look like food items, such as cupcakes or donuts, which can attract curious children or pets.
You can call the poison control center at 1 (800) 222-1222 if you or someone else has eaten a bath bomb and is experiencing symptoms.
They can provide you with advice on how to treat the situation and when to seek medical attention.
To avoid accidental eating of bath bombs, you should store them in a safe place away from children and pets.
You should also label them clearly as bath products and not food.
You should also supervise young children when they are using bath bombs in the bath.
Finally, remember, bath bombs are meant to be used in the bath and not in the mouth.
They can provide a fun and relaxing bathing experience, but they can also be harmful if ingested. So, enjoy your bath bombs safely and responsibly.