Short Answer: If you accidentally eat a bad mango, you may suffer from digestive or allergic problems due to the spoiled or toxic substances in the fruit.
A bad mango is a mango that is overripe, rotten, or contaminated with harmful chemicals or pathogens.
If you accidentally eat a bad mango, you may experience symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, or allergic reactions.
This is because it contains spoiled or toxic substances that can harm your digestive system or immune system.
Some of these substances are calcium carbide, arsenic, phosphorous hydride, or bacteria.
Calcium carbide can cause dizziness, sleepiness, mental confusion, and memory distortion.
Arsenic and phosphorous hydride can cause skin irritation, nausea, and headache.
Bacteria can cause food poisoning, infection, and inflammation.
It is quite uncommon to eat a bad mango due to its distinctive smell, taste, and appearance.
However, some people may not notice the signs of spoilage or contamination, or may eat unripe mangoes that are not fully ripe.
You can prevent or treat the symptoms of eating a bad mango by drinking plenty of water, taking anti-diarrheal or anti-nausea medication, applying cold compresses or creams to the affected skin, or seeking medical attention if the symptoms are severe or persistent.
To avoid accidental eating of a bad mango, you should always wash and peel the mango before eating, check the color and texture of the flesh, smell and taste a small piece before consuming the whole fruit, and store the mango in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight or heat.
Finally, remember, mangoes are a delicious and nutritious fruit that can offer many health benefits, but only if they are fresh, ripe, and safe to eat.