Short Answer: If you accidentally drink Windex, you may experience stomach irritation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, and in severe cases, confusion, drowsiness, and mouth burns.
Windex is a brand of glass and hard surface cleaners that are designed to remove dirt, grime, and fingerprints from windows, mirrors, and other surfaces.
Windex products typically contain surfactants, solvents, fragrances, and dyes.
Some Windex products also contain alcohol, ammonia, or preservative agents.
If you accidentally drink Windex, you may experience stomach irritation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
In severe cases, you may also suffer from confusion, drowsiness, and mouth burns.
This is because Windex contains 2-hexoxyethanol, isopropanolamine, ammonium hydroxide, and sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, which are all irritating chemicals that can damage the lining of your digestive tract and affect your nervous system.
2-hexoxyethanol can cause liver and kidney damage if ingested in large amounts.
Isopropanolamine can cause low blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and coma if swallowed.
Ammonium hydroxide can cause severe burns and ulcers in the mouth, throat, and stomach if ingested.
Sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate can cause eye and skin irritation, as well as respiratory distress if inhaled.
It is quite uncommon to drink Windex due to its strong odor and color, but it may happen if someone mistakes it for a beverage or uses it as a prank.
You should never drink Windex or any other cleaning product, as they are not intended for human consumption and can cause serious harm.
If you or someone you know has drunk Windex, you should immediately call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 or seek medical attention.
Do not induce vomiting unless instructed by a poison specialist, as this may worsen the damage to your mouth and throat.
Drink plenty of water to dilute the Windex and flush it out of your system.
Follow the advice of the medical professionals and monitor your symptoms closely.
To avoid accidental drinking of Windex, you should always store it in its original container and label it clearly.
Keep it out of reach of children and pets, and never leave it unattended.
Do not transfer it to another bottle or container that may look like a drink.
Always read the product label and follow the directions for use and disposal.
Finally, remember, Windex is a cleaning product, not a drink.
It can cause serious health problems if swallowed, so be careful and responsible when using it.