Short Answer: If you accidentally ate gar eggs, you will get very sick and need to see a doctor.
Gar eggs are the eggs of gar fish, which are an ancient group of ray-finned fish that have elongated bodies and jaws filled with sharp teeth.
Gar fish are found in fresh, brackish, and occasionally marine waters of eastern North America, Central America and Cuba.
There are seven living species of gar fish, but the largest one is the alligator gar, which can grow up to 10 feet long and weigh over 300 pounds.
If you accidentally eat gar eggs, you will experience severe symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and dizziness.
This is because gar eggs contain an ichthyotoxin, which is a type of protein toxin that is highly toxic to humans and animals.
Ichthyotoxin can damage the cells and tissues of the digestive system and cause inflammation and bleeding.
It is quite uncommon to eat gar eggs due to their toxicity and unpleasant taste.
However, some people may mistake them for other fish eggs or caviar and consume them unknowingly.
You can prevent this by checking the label and source of the fish eggs before buying or eating them, and avoiding any fish eggs that look suspicious or unfamiliar.
If you have eaten gar eggs and feel sick, you should seek medical attention immediately.
You may need to receive fluids, anti-nausea medication, and painkillers to treat the symptoms.
You should also avoid eating any more gar eggs or other fish products until you recover.
Finally, remember, gar eggs are not edible and can cause serious harm if ingested.
They are different from the flesh of gar fish, which is safe to eat and tasty.
However, you should still be careful when handling or preparing gar fish, as they have sharp teeth and scales that can injure you.