Short Answer: If you accidentally ate a live goldfish, you may get sick, allergic, or choked, depending on the circumstances.
A goldfish is a small freshwater fish that is often kept as a pet in aquariums or ponds.
It is a domesticated form of the wild carp, and it comes in various colors and shapes.
If you accidentally eat a live goldfish, you may experience some unpleasant consequences, such as gastrointestinal infections, allergic reactions, or choking.
This is because a live goldfish can carry harmful bacteria or parasites, such as Salmonella, Vibrio, or Capillaria, that can infect humans and cause symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, fever, or abdominal pain.
A live goldfish can also trigger an allergic response in some people who are sensitive to fish proteins, resulting in hives, swelling, or breathing difficulties.
Additionally, a live goldfish can pose a choking hazard, especially for children or people with swallowing difficulties, as it can get stuck in the throat or block the airway.
It is quite uncommon to eat a live goldfish, as most people consider it cruel, disgusting, or dangerous.
Some people may do it as a prank, a challenge, or a dare, but this is not advisable and can have serious consequences.
You can prevent accidental ingestion of a live goldfish by keeping it away from children or pets, and by not putting it in your mouth for any reason.
If you have eaten a live goldfish, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible, especially if you have any signs of infection, allergy, or choking.
You may need antibiotics, antihistamines, or other treatments to deal with the complications.
You should also avoid eating raw or undercooked fish in general, as they can carry similar risks.
Finally, remember, a goldfish is a living creature that deserves respect and care.
It is not a food item, and it is not meant to be eaten alive.