What Happens If you Eat Bad Sushi? (Expert Answer)

Short Answer: If you accidentally eat bad sushi, you may get food poisoning and need to drink fluids, rest, and see a doctor if necessary.

Sushi is a Japanese dish that features tiny pieces of raw fish wrapped in rice and seaweed.

If you accidentally eat bad sushi, you may experience symptoms of food poisoning such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach cramps.

This is because it may contain parasites such as anisakiasis or bacteria like vibrio or listeria.

Parasites and bacteria can cause infections and inflammation in your digestive system, which can lead to dehydration and malnutrition.

It is quite uncommon to eat bad sushi due to the strict food safety practices followed by most sushi restaurants and suppliers.

You can prevent or treat food poisoning from sushi by staying hydrated, getting rest, seeing a doctor if needed, following food safety rules, and opting for healthier rolls.

To avoid accidental eating of bad sushi, you should check the freshness and quality of the sushi before consuming it, and store any leftovers properly in the fridge.

Finally, remember, sushi is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed safely if prepared and handled correctly.

Get a Customized Diet Plan

About the Author

Abdur Rahman Choudhury

Abdur Rahman Choudhury is a nutritionist in West Bengal, India, with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Biochemistry.

He has done his diploma in nutrition from Fabulous Body Inc (US), and completed various certification courses from several universities. He also has considerable research experience in PCOS.

Abdur currently lives in India and keeps fit by weight training and eating mainly home-cooked meals.

Leave a Comment