Short Answer: If you accidentally eat a bad kiwi, you may get sick from mold or bacteria on the fruit, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain.
Kiwi is a small fruit that has a brown, fuzzy skin and a green, juicy flesh with tiny black seeds.
It is native to China and has a sweet and tangy flavor.
Kiwi is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber, which can benefit your health in various ways.
If you accidentally eat a bad kiwi, you may experience some unpleasant symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain.
This is because the kiwi may have mold or bacteria on it, which can cause food poisoning or infection.
Mold or bacteria can grow on kiwi if it is stored improperly, exposed to moisture, or kept for too long.
Mold or bacteria can produce toxins or harmful substances that can irritate your digestive system or affect your immune system.
It is quite uncommon to eat a bad kiwi, as most people can tell if a kiwi is spoiled by its appearance, smell, or texture.
A bad kiwi may have mold or mildew on the skin, bruising or mushy patches, or a sour or rotten smell.
A bad kiwi may also have a dry or dark green flesh, with little to no juice.
You can treat mild symptoms of eating a bad kiwi by drinking plenty of fluids, resting, and avoiding spicy or fatty foods.
If your symptoms are severe or last for more than 24 hours, you should seek medical attention, as you may have a serious case of food poisoning or an allergic reaction.
To avoid eating a bad kiwi, you should buy kiwis when they are in season, which is from May to November.
You should also store kiwis in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight or heat.
You can ripen kiwis on your kitchen counter next to a banana or apple, and then refrigerate them once they are soft.
You should also wash kiwis before eating them, and cut off any moldy or damaged parts.
Finally, remember, kiwi is a delicious and healthy fruit, but you should always check for signs of spoilage before eating it.
Eating a bad kiwi can ruin your appetite and make you sick, so be careful and enjoy your kiwi safely.