Short Answer: If you accidentally eat bad blue cheese, you may get sick from food poisoning or toxic mold.
Blue cheese is a type of cheese that is made with the addition of cultures of edible molds, which create blue-green spots or veins through the cheese.
Blue cheese has a strong, sharp, and salty flavor, and a pungent aroma.
It is rich in calcium, protein, and other nutrients, but also high in fat, calories, and sodium.
If you accidentally eat bad blue cheese, you may experience symptoms of food poisoning, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps.
This is because it may contain harmful bacteria, such as listeria, brucella, salmonella, and E. coli, which can cause infections and illnesses.
Bad blue cheese may also have toxic molds, which can produce mycotoxins, which are harmful compounds that can affect your immune system, digestion, and even cause cancer.
Eating bad blue cheese can have serious negative effects on your health, especially if you have a weakened immune system, are pregnant, or have a dairy allergy.
It is quite uncommon to eat bad blue cheese, as most people can tell by its smell, color, and taste when it has gone bad.
However, some people may not notice the signs of spoilage, or may confuse them with the normal characteristics of blue cheese.
You can prevent food poisoning from bad blue cheese by following some simple steps.
First, check the expiration date on the package, and do not eat the cheese if it is past the date.
Second, store the cheese properly in the refrigerator, and wrap it tightly to prevent exposure to air and moisture.
Third, examine the cheese before eating, and look for any signs of spoilage, such as changes in color, texture, or smell.
Fourth, discard the cheese if you have any doubts about its quality, and do not eat any leftovers that have been sitting out for more than four hours.
Finally, remember, blue cheese is a delicious and nutritious food, but it can also go bad and cause food poisoning.
Therefore, you should always be careful when buying, storing, and eating blue cheese, and avoid eating any cheese that looks, smells, or tastes bad.