Short Answer: If you accidentally eat bad applesauce, you may get food poisoning from bacteria or mold that can grow on spoiled food.
Applesauce is a puréed fruit made from cooked apples.
It may be sweetened or unsweetened, and may have spices like cinnamon or nutmeg added to it.
Applesauce is low in calories, fat, and salt, but also low in most vitamins and minerals.
It contains some fiber and antioxidants, especially if the apple peels are included in the sauce.
If you accidentally eat bad applesauce, you may experience symptoms of food poisoning, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps.
This is because it may contain harmful bacteria or mold that can grow on spoiled food.
Applesauce can go bad if it is not stored properly, such as in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer, or if it is past its expiration date.
Bacteria and mold can produce toxins that can damage your digestive system and cause inflammation and dehydration.
They can also affect your immune system and make you more susceptible to infections.
It is quite uncommon to eat bad applesauce due to its sour taste and smell, but it can happen if you are not careful about checking the quality of the product before consuming it.
You can treat mild cases of food poisoning by drinking plenty of fluids, eating bland foods, and taking over-the-counter medications to relieve your symptoms.
However, if you have severe or persistent symptoms, or if you have signs of dehydration, such as dry mouth, dizziness, or reduced urine output, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
You may need antibiotics or intravenous fluids to treat the infection and prevent complications.
To avoid accidental eating of bad applesauce, you should always store it properly and check the label for the expiration date.
You should also look for signs of spoilage, such as mold, discoloration, or an off-odor.
If you are unsure about the quality of the applesauce, it is better to discard it than to risk getting sick.
Finally, remember, applesauce is a healthy and delicious food that can be enjoyed in moderation.
However, you should always be careful about the freshness and safety of the product, and avoid eating it if it is spoiled or contaminated.