Short Answer: If you accidentally drink toilet water, you may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach ache, depending on the amount and ingredients.
Toilet water is a lightly scented perfume that is usually applied to the skin after bathing or shaving.
It is also referred to as aromatic waters and has a high alcohol content.
It is traditionally composed of alcohol and various volatile oils, such as citrus, lavender, rosemary, etc.
If you accidentally drink toilet water, you may experience some mild symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach ache.
This is because it contains alcohol and perfume oils, which are not meant to be ingested.
Alcohol can irritate the lining of your stomach and intestines, and perfume oils can cause allergic reactions or toxicity in large doses.
Alcohol can also affect your central nervous system, causing drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, or impaired coordination.
Perfume oils can also interfere with your breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, or liver function.
However, these effects are unlikely to occur unless you drink a large amount of toilet water, which is quite uncommon.
You can treat the symptoms of drinking toilet water by drinking plenty of water, eating bland foods, and resting.
If the symptoms are severe or persist for more than a few hours, you should seek medical attention.
You may need to have your stomach pumped or receive intravenous fluids and medications.
To avoid accidental drinking of toilet water, you should keep it away from children and pets, and store it in a clearly labeled container.
You should also not confuse it with drinking water or mouthwash, which may have similar bottles or colors.
Finally, remember, toilet water is a cosmetic product, not a beverage.
It is meant to be applied to your skin, not swallowed.
Drinking it can cause unpleasant and potentially harmful effects, so be careful and use it as directed.