Short Answer: If you accidentally drink Everclear straight, you may suffer from alcohol poisoning and potentially fatal consequences.
Everclear is a brand of grain alcohol that is available in 190 proof (95% alcohol by volume).
In contrast, vodka typically has an alcohol content of around 40% to 50% alcohol by volume.
Because of its high alcohol content, Everclear is generally considered to be more potent and dangerous than vodka.
If you accidentally drink Everclear straight, you may experience severe intoxication, nausea, vomiting, coma, or even death.
This is because it contains ethanol, which is a central nervous system depressant that can impair your judgment, coordination, and breathing.
Ethanol can also cause dehydration, low blood sugar, and liver damage.
It is quite uncommon to drink Everclear straight due to its unpleasant taste and strong burning sensation.
Most people who consume Everclear dilute it with water or other ingredients to make cocktails or infusions.
You can also use Everclear as a household cleaner, disinfectant, or stove fuel alcohol.
If you accidentally drink Everclear straight, you should seek immediate medical attention.
You may need to have your stomach pumped, receive intravenous fluids, or take activated charcoal to prevent further absorption of alcohol.
To avoid accidental drinking of Everclear, you should store it in a clearly labeled container and keep it away from children and pets.
Finally, remember, Everclear is not a beverage, but an ingredient that should be used with caution and moderation.