What Happens If you Drink Dry Ice? (Expert Answer)

Short Answer: If you drink dry ice, you may suffer from burns, frostbite, or stomach rupture due to the high pressure of the gas inside.

Dry ice is solid carbon dioxide that changes directly from a solid to a gas without an intermediate liquid phase.

It is very cold and can cause frostbite if touched for too long.

If you accidentally drink dry ice, you may experience severe pain, burns, or even rupture of your stomach due to the extreme pressure of the gas inside.

This is because it contains carbon dioxide, which is a colorless, odorless, and non-flammable gas that can displace oxygen in your body.

It is quite uncommon to drink dry ice due to its high temperature and potential danger.

You can avoid accidental ingestion of dry ice by keeping it away from your mouth and any open containers of liquids.

You should also wear gloves or use tongs to handle dry ice safely.

To avoid accidental drinking of dry ice, you should always store it in a cool and dry place away from children and pets.

You should also check the expiration date of the dry ice before using it and discard any that looks cloudy or discolored.

Finally, remember, dry ice is very cold and can cause serious harm if swallowed or touched for too long.

You should never try to smoke dry ice or put it in your mouth for any reason.

Get a Customized Diet Plan

About the Author

Abdur Rahman Choudhury

Abdur Rahman Choudhury is a nutritionist in West Bengal, India, with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Biochemistry.

He has done his diploma in nutrition from Fabulous Body Inc (US), and completed various certification courses from several universities. He also has considerable research experience in PCOS.

Abdur currently lives in India and keeps fit by weight training and eating mainly home-cooked meals.

Leave a Comment