Short Answer: If you accidentally eat super glue, you may experience gastrointestinal distress, breathing problems, or poisoning.
Super glue is a type of fast-bonding, high-strength, instant adhesive that is engineered to bond almost any material.
It is made of cyanoacrylate, an acrylic resin that reacts with moisture and forms long, strong chains.
Super glue works best on smooth surfaces such as plastic, metal, and glass.
If you accidentally eat super glue, you may experience nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, coughing, chest pain, or burning sensation in your mouth and throat.
This is because the super glue can stick to your stomach lining and cause irritation or blockage in your digestive tract.
Cyanoacrylate can also be toxic if ingested, as it contains harmful chemicals such as ethanol, xylene, n-hexane, toluene, and light aliphatic naphtha.
It is quite uncommon to eat super glue due to its unpleasant taste and smell.
However, some people may eat super glue out of curiosity, boredom, or mental health issues.
You can prevent serious complications by seeking medical attention right away if you swallow super glue.
Do not try to induce vomiting or drink water, as this may worsen the situation.
To avoid accidental eating of super glue, you should store it in a safe place away from children and pets.
You should also read the label and follow the instructions carefully when using super glue.
Do not apply super glue near your mouth, nose, or eyes, as it can cause severe irritation or infection.
Finally, remember, super glue is a powerful adhesive that is not meant for human consumption.
It can cause serious health problems if you eat it.
If you need a safe and edible glue, you can make your own with flour, water, sugar, vinegar, and baking soda.