Short Answer: If you accidentally drink bubbles, you may have stomach or eye irritation, depending on where the soap goes. You should drink water and seek help if needed.
Bubbles are thin films of soapy water that trap air inside them.
They are usually made from soap, glycerin, and water.
Bubbles can form different shapes, but they tend to become spherical to minimize their surface area.
If you accidentally drink bubbles, you may experience minor stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
This is because the soap in the bubbles can irritate your digestive system.
Soap is a detergent that breaks up dirt and grease by surrounding them with soap molecules.
Soap contains some chemicals like ammonia and chlorine, which can be harmful if swallowed in large amounts.
Soap can also cause eye irritation if it gets into your eyes.
It can make your eyes burn, water, or swell.
If this happens, you should rinse your eyes with clean, lukewarm water for 15 minutes.
It is quite uncommon to drink bubbles, as most people know that they are not meant for consumption.
However, some children may be curious or playful and try to drink bubbles from a bottle or a wand.
If your child drinks bubbles, you should not panic, but give them some water or clear juice to help them wash the soap down and avoid dehydration.
If they have any symptoms or you are unsure about how much they have drunk, you should call poison control or seek medical attention immediately.
To avoid accidental drinking of bubbles, you should keep them out of reach of children and pets.
You should also supervise your children when they are playing with bubbles and teach them not to put them in their mouth.
You should also label the bubble bottles clearly and store them away from food and drinks.
Finally, remember, bubbles are fun and beautiful, but they are not edible.
You should only use them for blowing and popping, not for drinking or eating.